When Komyokaikan Hall was first built in 1939, it housed important religious objects for different religions and sects, so it was referred to as the “Chapel”. The building could accommodate 1000 people and was used for religious purposes and for recreation. Later, when buildings were built for each religion, the name was changed from “Chapel” to “Komyokaikan Hall”. The building was renovated in 1956, and thoroughly rebuilt in 1995. Today it is used for such events as performances by volunteers, cultural festivals and karaoke competitions.